Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Do I need an appointment?

  • How do I set up an appointment?

  • Do you conduct over the phone interviews?

  • What if the bill and/or lease agreement are not in my name?

  • Will my entire rent/mortgage balance be paid in full?

  • Do I need to have an eviction notice to seek assistance?

  • Can I receive assistance with a deposit for housing or late rent fees?

  • Do you pay late fees on utility bills?

  • Do I need to have a disconnection notice to seek utility assistance?

  • What is the total amount I can received towards my utility bill?

  • If my lights have been disconnected, can my lights be turned back on today?

  • How often can I receive assistance per year?

  • Is there an income limit qualification in order to get assistance?

  • How long does it take to process my application?

  • Can you help me to pay my car, credit card or student loan payments?

  • Does Fort Bend County Social Services offer the Gold Card Program?

  • Can I drop or pick up my Food Stamps application at your office?

  • Can I pick up my Food Stamps or Medicaid card at your office?