- All owned dogs and cats in Fort Bend County are required to have a rabies vaccine.
- All owned dogs and cats in Fort Bend County should have a license – they can be purchased through FBCAS either in person or by mail.
- There is a leash law in Fort Bend County for both dogs and cats. Ear-tipped community cats are exempt from this.
- Your dog or cat should have some form of identification on their collar so that we can contact you should they end up in our shelter.If you microchip your pet, please be sure to register your microchip.
- Please spay and neuter your pets.This helps to control the pet overpopulation in Fort Bend County and also can improve your pet’s health.
- If you lose your dog or cat, please call or visit our shelter at 1210 Blume Road to see if your pet is with us.You can also check our website at www.fortbendcountypets.com to see if your pet is at the shelter.
Thank you again and we wish you all good health and happiness with your new pet. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 281-342-1512.